- We recommend installing Skedler Reports in a separate VM or Docker container or server.
- Windows operating system - 64bit
- Minimum of 2 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler Reports.
NOTE: It is not recommended to run Skedler Reports in a 32bit Operating System
Skedler Reports supports Elasticsearch version from 5.x to 6.6.x and Kibana version from 5.x to 6.6.x and Grafana 4.x to 5.4.2
- skedler.zip was extracted. For convenience, let us call this folder as $skedler_home.
- Provide read/write permissions to the following folders.
- Go to the config folder using the command cd config.
- Open reporting.yml.
- Add Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) and the Kibana URL with the port in the reporting.yml file in the following format <protocol>://<server>:<port>
Grafana URL configuration
- For Skedler Reports to discover Grafana dashboards and generate the report for Grafana you would need to configure Grafana details in reporting.yml. By default, the Grafana configuration variables are commented in the reporting.yml. Uncomment the variables and assign the Grafana URL with the port and the Grafana authentication credentials. If you have enabled anonymous access in Grafana set the variable grafana_anonymous_access as true.
- Note: You can configure the variable grafana_auth_token_key in Skedler v3.9.2 and below.
- If you are using Nginx or SearchGuard, follow the steps below.
Note: If you are using Shield then refer to Step-by-Step Configuration Guide for Shield.
- If Kibana is configured behind Nginx, configure the Nginx username and password for Kibana in reporting.yml as shown:
- If Nginx is configured as a reverse proxy for elasticsearch, configure Nginx username and password for elasticsearch as shown:
- Save changes to reporting.yml
To Start the application as service run the following command from $skedler_home
Start Skedler Reports as service
To stop Skedler Reports as service
Skedler Reports can be accessed from the following URL http://<yourServer>:3000. The License Activation page is displayed on successful installation.
To configure Skedler Reports settings refer the How to configure email settings, time zone settings and default logo for reports
You are now ready to start scheduling Reports.
Refer to How to create and schedule a report based on Kibana dashboard to create reports.
Activation is required for purchased product license key. In the Community Edition, license activation will be skipped. If you purchase Skedler Reports license, you will receive a license key by email.
Refer to Upgrade License
- Step-by-Step Shield Configuration Guide
- Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation for Skedler
- Step-by-Step Guide to Move Skedler from One Machine to Another